Ruth Smith specialises in Environmental and Resource Management Law.
Before commencing at Berry Simons, Ruth was a resource management planner with nine years’ experience. Her experience, predominantly in Australia, involved gaining necessary approvals and permits for mid to large scale infrastructure projects. This included providing support and advice through all stages of project development, including feasibility studies, design, construction and commissioning. She has also worked at the Queensland Department of Environment and Heritage Protection providing legal support for a complex and significant environmental prosecution.
More recently Ruth worked as a senior resource management planner for a multi-disciplinary infrastructure consultancy in Auckland. In this role she was involved in the consent of urban land subdivisions and development, industrial development and major transport infrastructure projects.
Ruth is an Australian lawyer, admitted in the Supreme Court of Queensland.
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Environmental Management (Sustainable Development) (Hons), University of Queensland
- Senior Resource Management Planner, Opus International – 2016-2017
- Senior Advisor, Resource and Land Management Services – 2014-2016
- Project Support Officer – Enforcement Servics, Department of Environment and Heritage Protection – 2014
- Legal Internship – Origin Energy Corporate – 2014
- Environmental Consultant, Origin Energy Pipelines – Australian Pacific LNG Project – 2012-2014
- Environmental Scientist – Unidel Energy and Infrastructure Pty Ltd – 2008-2012
Phone: 09 869 2792
Our People / Ruth Smith
BERRY SIMONS OBTAINS FIRST PRIVATE PLAN CHANGE TO THE AUCKLAND UNITARY PLAN
Wed Feb. 27th 2019
Berry Simons has successfully obtained the first private plan change (PC6) to the Auckland Unitary Plan.
YALE SUSTAINABLITY LEADERSHIP FORUM
Thu Oct. 18th 2018
In October 2018 Sue Simons had the opportunity to attend a Sustainability Leadership Forum at the Yale Campus in New Haven, Connecticut.