Ruth Smith specialises in Environmental and Resource Management Law.
Before commencing at Berry Simons, Ruth was a resource management planner with nine years’ experience. Her experience, predominantly in Australia, involved gaining necessary approvals and permits for mid to large scale infrastructure projects. This included providing support and advice through all stages of project development, including feasibility studies, design, construction and commissioning. She has also worked at the Queensland Department of Environment and Heritage Protection providing legal support for a complex and significant environmental prosecution.
More recently Ruth worked as a senior resource management planner for a multi-disciplinary infrastructure consultancy in Auckland. In this role she was involved in the consent of urban land subdivisions and development, industrial development and major transport infrastructure projects.
Ruth is an Australian lawyer, admitted in the Supreme Court of Queensland.
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Environmental Management (Sustainable Development) (Hons), University of Queensland
- Senior Resource Management Planner, Opus International – 2016-2017
- Senior Advisor, Resource and Land Management Services – 2014-2016
- Project Support Officer – Enforcement Servics, Department of Environment and Heritage Protection – 2014
- Legal Internship – Origin Energy Corporate – 2014
- Environmental Consultant, Origin Energy Pipelines – Australian Pacific LNG Project – 2012-2014
- Environmental Scientist – Unidel Energy and Infrastructure Pty Ltd – 2008-2012
Phone: 09 969 2300
Our People / Ruth Smith
Lawyer (Admitted in Queensland)
FEEDBACK SOUGHT ON POTENTIAL SHORT TERM AMENDMENTS TO RMA
Wed March 7th 2018
Over the last two years, Berry Simons has been critical of what we see as a decline in the coherence and workability of the Resource Management Act 1991 (“RMA”), as a result of ill-conceived and poorly drafted amendments to that Act.
BERRY SIMONS CONTINUES TO FLOURISH
Thu Aug. 2nd 2018
Specialist Environmental Law firm Berry Simons continues its rapid growth and development with the promotion of senior environmental lawyer Helen Andrews to Partner and Kate Storer to Senior Associate.